O (2004) is the first varietal-specific wine tumbler in history and is based on the benchmark shapes of RIEDEL VINUM to enhance the world‘s most important grape varieties. The tumbler, used for centuries as an all-round drinking vessel, is now turned into a sophisticated wine accessory. It is stackable for easy storage and fits into every dishwasher. Broken stems are a thing of the past.
The Cabernet glass is perfect for full-bodied, complex red wines that are high in tannin. The generous size of this glass allows the bouquet to develop fully and smooths out the rough edges. It emphasises the fruit, playing down the bitter qualities of the tannin, and allows wines to achieve balance.
This value set includes 8 x stemless Cabernet/Merlot tumblers. Machine-made in Germany of lead-free crystal and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 600 ccm
Height: 121 mm
Recommended for: Brunello di Montalcino, Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Emilion, Listrac, Moulis, Margaux, St. Estèphe, Cabernet Franc, Fronsac, Petit Verdot, Montepulciano, Merlot, Médoc, Carménère, Graves rouge, Pauillac, St. Julien, Pomerol, Pessac Leognan (Rouge)
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass