Flat-bottomed and reminiscent of an aircraft wing, complete with winglets, RIEDEL Winewings was born and about to take flight! RIEDEL Winewings is brutally functional, taking the wine’s aromas and flavours on a flight. Winewings glasses primarily emphasise the minerality of the wine, whereas all other collections tend to highlight fruit. The collection is ideal for the ultimate wine geek who prefers wines with depth and complexity.
The Chardonnay glass is perfect to reveal the intensity of full-bodied white wines, including the wine's multi-layered aromas. The wide open-mouthed bowl enables the rich bouquet to develop its wonderfully diverse range of aromas, emphasizing the finesse while minimizing the risk of richer style white wines becoming over-concentrated.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 736 ccm
Height: 250 mm
Recommended for: Ribolla Gialla, Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Chardonnay (unoaked), Chablis, Timorasso, Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Grenache Blanc/Granacha Blanca, Muscadet, Montrachet, Chardonnay (oaked), Friulano, Meursault, Neuburger, Fumé Blanc, Rotgipfler, Roussanne, Viognier, Morillon (oaked), Corton-Charlemagne, Burgundy (white), Pouilly-Fuissé, St. Joseph (White), Morillon (unoaked), Sauvignon Blanc (oaked), Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet)
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass