Flat-bottomed and reminiscent of an aircraft wing, complete with winglets, RIEDEL Winewings was born and about to take flight! RIEDEL Winewings is brutally functional, taking the wine’s aromas and flavours on a flight. Winewings glasses primarily emphasise the minerality of the wine, whereas all other collections tend to highlight fruit. The collection is ideal for the ultimate wine geek who prefers wines with depth and complexity.
The Cabernet Sauvignon glass is perfect for full-bodied, complex red wines that are high in tannin. The glass allows the bouquet to develop fully and smooths out the rough edges. It emphasises the fruit, playing down the bitter qualities of the tannin, and allows wines to achieve balance.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 820 ccm
Height: 250 mm
Recommended for: Brunello di Montalcino, Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Emilion, Listrac, Moulis, Margaux, St. Estèphe, Cabernet Franc, Fronsac, Petit Verdot, Montepulciano, Merlot, Médoc, Carménère, Graves rouge, Pauillac, Pomerol, Pessac Leognan (Rouge)
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass