O (2004) is the first varietal-specific wine tumbler in history and is based on the benchmark shapes of RIEDEL VINUM to enhance the world‘s most important grape varieties. The tumbler, used for centuries as an all-round drinking vessel, is now turned into a sophisticated wine accessory. It is stackable for easy storage and fits into every dishwasher. Broken stems are a thing of the past.
The Oaked Chardonnay glass is perfect to reveal the intensity of full-bodied white wines, including the wine's multi-layered aromas. With a larger volume, the wide open-mouthed bowl enables the rich bouquet to develop its wonderfully diverse range of aromas, emphasizing the finesse while minimizing the risk of richer style white wines becoming over-concentrated.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 580 ccm
Height: 94 mm
Recommended for: Riesling Smaragd, St. Aubin, Montrachet, Chardonnay (oaked), Meursault, Riesling (Spätlese/late harvest dry), Corton-Charlemagne, Burgundy (white), Pouilly-Fuissé, Morillon (unoaked), Smaragd
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass