O (2004) is the first varietal-specific wine tumbler in history and is based on the benchmark shapes of RIEDEL VINUM to enhance the world‘s most important grape varieties. The tumbler, used for centuries as an all-round drinking vessel, is now turned into a sophisticated wine accessory. It is stackable for easy storage and fits into every dishwasher. Broken stems are a thing of the past.
The Viognier and Chardonnay glass is perfect for allowing white wines to express their freshness, spiciness, and mineral characters.
This glass is designed so the Viognier variety's low acidity is delivered in a way that sets off the alcohol and rich flavours of the wine. The shape highlights its velvety, supple texture, emphasizing the fruit and ensuring a long, balanced finish.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 320 ccm
Height: 96 mm
Recommended for: Ribolla Gialla, Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Vermouth, Chardonnay (unoaked), Chablis, Bordeaux (white), Condrieu, Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Grenache Blanc/Granacha Blanca, Albariño, Muscadet, Verdicchio, Trebbiano, Côtes du Rhône Blanc, Brandy, Fallanghina, Cortese, Fiano, Neuburger, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (blanc), Orvieto Classico, Macabeo, Aligoté, Fumé Blanc, Viognier, Greco di Tufo, Hermitage (Blanc), Sémillon, Muscadine, Montagny, St. Joseph (White), Palomino (except Sherry), Morillon (unoaked), Soave, Sauvignon Blanc (oaked), Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Graves blanc, Marsanne, Vin de Savoie (blanc), Verdelho
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass