SOMMELIERS BLACK TIE was launched in 2008 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the iconic Sommeliers Burgundy Grand Cru glass. The Red Wine glasses are highlighted by a tall black stem and is perfect for full-bodied, complex red wines that are high in tannin.
This shape was one of the original 'wine friendly' glasses designed by 9th generation Cluas J. RIEDEL. The generous size of this glass allows the bouquet to develop fully, and smooths out the rough edges. It emphasises the fruit, playing down the bitter qualities of the tannin, and allows wines to achieve balance. Handmade and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 860 ccm
Height: 282 mm
Recommended for: Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Emilion, Listrac, Moulis, Margaux, St. Estèphe, Cabernet Franc, Fronsac, Merlot, Médoc, Graves rouge, Pauillac, St. Julien, Pomerol, Pessac Leognan (Rouge)
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass