SOMMELIERS R-BLACK SERIES Black, non-transparent; fine crystal, and blown into shape using the original molds, the Black Series celebrates this remarkable anniversary. Crystal turns black by adding Cobalt and Manganese to the composition. To raise the bar of glass making further, the stem of Sommeliers “R“ Black Series was upgraded by adding a fine red glass string that is jacketed in clear crystal.
The beautiful Burgundy Grand Cru red-stemmed glass with black base is perfect to support the balance of fragility and fresh compact fruit in light-bodied wines.
The wide tulip shape and slightly flared lip highlights the irresistible sweetness, whilst perfectly balancing the acidity and deemphasizing the alcohol, to create a perfect picture of the wine. Handmade and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 1050 ccm
Height: 276 mm
Recommended for: Franciacorta, Musigny, Pinot Noir Old World, Romanée Saint Vivant, Blanc de Noirs, Champagne, Echézeaux, Barolo, Chambolle Musigny, Rosé Champagne, Nebbiolo, Vougeot, Burgundy (red), Santenay, Pinot Noir New World, Nuits Saint Georges, Beaujolais Cru, Barbaresco, Volnay, Pommard, Vosne-Romanée
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass