VINUM (1986) became the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of grape varietals. VINUM was not developed on a drawing board, but in tasting workshops based on the performance where the content commands the shape.
The Cabernet glass is perfect for full-bodied, complex red wines that are high in tannin.
The generous size of this glass allows the bouquet to develop fully, and smooths out the rough edges. It emphasizes the fruit, playing down the bitter qualities of the tannin, and allows wines to achieve balance.
Volume: 610 ccm
Height: 225 mm
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass