VINUM (1986) became the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of grape varietals. VINUM was not developed on a drawing board, but in tasting workshops based on the performance where the content commands the shape.
The Daiginjo is perfect for highlighting the fruity and floral bouquet in Daiginjo sake. This glass debuted in 1999, following two years of workshops with dozens of sake brewers. This elegant egg-shaped vessel featured a convex rim to bring the sake’s sweetness, acidity, and bitterness into balance.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 380 ccm
Height: 205 mm
Recommended for: Daiginjo (Rice wine)
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass