VINUM (1986) became the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of grape varietals. VINUM was not developed on a drawing board, but in tasting workshops based on the performance where the content commands the shape.
The Sauvignon Blanc glass is perfect for all styles of this variety, from the grassy, fruit-forward wines of the Marlborough to the oak-aged, honeyed blends from Bordeaux.
To celebrate the 20-year anniversary of the very first Sauvignon Blanc glass, RIEDEL released a new glass shape for this aromatic white wine. RIEDEL collaborated with various regions including Marlborough, New Zealand, to design the new product to suit the variety’s evolving New World style. This glass is also recommended for dessert wines.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 350 ccm
Height: 214 mm
Recommended for: Coulée de Serrant, Muskat-Ottonel, Chenin Blanc, Gelber Muskateller, Furmint, Pouilly Fumé, Vin Santo, Sauternes, Malvazija Istriana, Sauvignon Blanc (unoaked), Loire (Blanc), Dessertwine, Arneis, Tokaji (dry), Ausbruch, Corvina, Chasselas, Traminer, Loupiac, Muskateller, Monbazillac, Jurançon moelleux, Icewine, Barsac, Sancerre, Bacchus, Sylvaner, Recioto di Soave, Blanc du Bois, Gewürztraminer, Lambrusco, Sémillon, Auslese (sweet), Vouvray, Beerenauslese, Vermentino, Müller-Thurgau, Quarts de Chaume, Trockenbeerenauslese
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass