VINUM (1986) became the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of grape varietals. VINUM was not developed on a drawing board, but in tasting workshops based on the performance where the content commands the shape.
The Viognier/Chardonnay glass is perfect for allowing white wines to express their freshness, spiciness, and mineral characters. This glass is designed so the Viognier variety's low acidity is delivered in a way that sets off the alcohol and rich flavours of the wine. The shape highlights its velvety, supple texture, emphasizing the fruit and ensuring a long, balanced finish.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Volume: 350 ccm
Height: 198 mm
Recommended for: Ribolla Gialla, Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Chardonnay (unoaked), Chablis, Condrieu, Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Grenache Blanc/Granacha Blanca, Albariño, Muscadet, Verdicchio, Trebbiano, Côtes du Rhône Blanc, Fallanghina, Cortese, Fiano, Neuburger, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (blanc), Orvieto Classico, Macabeo, Aligoté, Fumé Blanc, Viognier, Bordeaux (mature), Hermitage (Blanc), Sémillon, Muscadine, Montagny, St. Joseph (White), Palomino (except Sherry), Morillon (unoaked), Soave, Sauvignon Blanc (oaked), Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Graves blanc, Marsanne, Vin de Savoie (blanc), Bordeaux (white), Verdelho
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass